Thursday, August 9, 2012

Why blog? Why now?

Well, to put it simply, I have some free time as of now, and it may be amusing to look back on later down the road. I never thought I would be the one that would discuss my life in a public forum. I consider myself more of a "keep it to yourself" type person. Or, in most aspects of my life… I have a few friends that blog on a pretty consistent basis, and I have really enjoyed reading them for the most part. It allows for a little more in depth look at what is going on in someone's life, as apposed to just a status update. When it has become so hard to keep in touch, as happens when everyone grows up and becomes an adult, it is a nice way to maintain relationships.

Social media is, of course, my main source of information. I literally check Facebook around 20-30 times a day. And, I have recently joined Twitter as well. Facebook provides me with the day to day occurrences in peoples' lives, whether it be a picture of what someone ate for lunch or a yoga session that really kicked their ass today. And you may think, why would anyone care about when someone just got a coke from the coke machine? Well, I would. Frankly, it's just entertainment, and if you don't like it then maybe you should unsubscribe from the people that annoy you most. I, however, will not. I enjoy reading everyone's little blips about life. It makes me feel connected to people and grounded in a way. I mean, isn't that what Facebook is all about?

Twitter, on the other hand, is a little more difficult to follow. Honestly, I joined to follow Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi. Don’t hate. I friggin love that little meatball, and I think we would be great friends if our paths ever were to cross. She reminds me a lot of myself, which I know, is scary. She just has this “I don’t give a shit” attitude that I admire. Now, every Thursdays, is dubbed “Jerzday” at our house and Craig knows to leave me the hell alone from 9 to 10 pm and most of the time from 8 to 9 pm so that I can recap from the previous weeks‘ Jersey Shore episode. It has been rough lately with no shore, but luckily Snooki and Jwoww have sufficed. This show is like Jersey Shore light, and I believe this is due most in part because poor ole Snooks got accidentally knocked up. Well… I went off on a tangent now didn’t I. Well, back to Twitter. Really, all Twitter is from what I can tell, is a place to connect with celebs, end of story.

So as for blogging, I’ll give it a shot as well. Assuming that you are reading this because you want to know about my life, I will try to blog as often as I am able to. I will probably do a little back tracking for all that feel the need to play catch up with my life. I hope it will provide you with a laugh or two, or maybe it will send you into deep thought. Either way, I hope it brings you yet another form of entertainment.

Cheers!
Tara

1 comment: