Thursday, September 27, 2012

To Beer or Not To Beer

Whelp… it’s 1 am. I’m up and been a drinkin. NO! to what you’re thinking… Tonight’s menu consisted of Dos Equis, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and Yuengling. All lagers of which I do not normally drink. Well, let’s be honest… I will drink practically anything put in front of me that I do not have to use my debit card on (I don’t carry cash, like, ever…)

Dos Equis comes in at number one. Surprisingly, very smooth. I went over to a friend’s house this evening and had my choice between Dos and Mich Ultra. Seeming since I typically drink Mich Ultra or a Bud Light Platinum when it‘s bought for me, I decided to take a walk on the wild side and chose the Dos. It has a crisp taste with a smooth finish. Like corona, without the sting. With a 4.45% ABV, this, I will try again if the price is right.

Next up was Yuengling. After checking out the scene at my friend’s A.P.T., we shuffled on over to Moe’s BBQ. Yeah Yeah. Not your typical BBQ joint after 10 pm. This place usually gets hoppin and Natties are a buck, which is why we come here. Hey! We’re on a budget. Yeah, I know… a drinking budget is nothing less then lame. But, they were out of Natties this evening so the next cheapest option was $2 Yuengling or PBR. UGH! Yuck…

Yuengling was a tough sell. I have had this brew before, and tonight it was equally as blah to me. It is best left for choice after drinking a few. Plus, it is colored like apple cider which is not appealing to me. My rule of thumb… the darker the beer, the nastier the taste… This lager is 4.4 percent ABV, close to the Dos.
 

So, naturally we move to the PBR, which I have also tasted in my younger years. Honestly, it is not much better. However, it holds a slightly higher ABV at 4.74% which is better for our money. This is what I continued to drink until this point. It has done it’s job, ok… not well. I am no beer connoisseur and do not plan on brewing my own batch anytime soon, but I have this on my mind so I figured I would blog about it. Hey, why not?…

Cheers!
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment