When I started my purge, I had 650 friends. Not too shabby. I was able to whittle down the list to 579. I was hoping to get it down more, but I’m telling ya, that really took a long time. Unfortunately, facebook doesn’t make this an easy task. There is no list of friends that have an unfriend button next to them. I vaguely remember the list of previous facebook versions being much more handy with this task. Now, you have to go to each individual’s page and unfriend them. When you have reached the person in questions’ page, the mind debate begins. Do I even know this person? You click on a photo. Gosh. He looks familiar, but I just don’t know. Let’s check out where I could know him from. Well, he went to Ocean Springs. Still don’t know. Ok, Unfriend. This becomes mentally exhausting after awhile. Unless, you reach a person that you definitely know you loathe. Immediately clicking the unfriend button sends a signal to my brain to smile deviously. Bitch.
After going through the extensive friend list, it becomes clear that there are individuals that you would like to continue to stalk. However, you don’t want them to know your business. You really don’t want to unfriend, so you are presented with a new dilemma. No worries. Easy fix. You can make groups and add your “friends” into them. I have three. Work. Mentors. Family. After adding your individuals, you can go to your information, pictures, likes, etc. and keep these groups from seeing the information in the edit/setting option. Also, handy dandily, when you post things you can choose to keep these pre-made groups from seeing it. That way if I want to express my feelings through multiple expletives, I can keep my family and mentors from seeing this status update.
I know that most of you reading this probably already know this information. But, if you didn’t, you can now enjoy your facebook comfortably. So now that you have had your facebook binge, it’s time to purge. I feel better now, and you may too. Coming up next, my past two blast in a glass weekends.Cheers!
Tara
No comments:
Post a Comment